From: "peter_schwartz@xxxxxxxxxxx" <peter_schwartz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, December 11, 2010 7:21:39 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Question from a rank beginner

So I'm a beginner beginner.

I have a Marine Band D harmonica and a book by a guy named Marcos as
instruction.

He has us going up and down the harmonica blowing and drawing.

Everything is very easy thus far, except...

When I try to draw on holes 2 and 3, I get this very dull sound, almost as if
the air is partially blocked or the reeds aren't vibrating.

I tried the same thing on a few other harps I had laying around and got the same
result.

This struck me as odd because all the other holes worked so easily. Why should
those two be a problem?

I wrote to a more experienced person who said that these two holes are a problem
when drawing. And he suggested I write to this list to ask for suggestions for
overcoming this problem.

Nowhere in Marcos's book does he ever hint that these holes might be a problem,
and yet they react VERY differently from all the others.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be very welcome.

Also self-study programs people like would be much appreciated. Just keep in
mind I'm a rank beginner.

Best,
Peter Schwartz