Re: [Harp-L] SS Rectifier

None of those amps you listed uses the copper plug-in solid state rectifier,
which is the specific topic of our discussion.

Almost all great harp amps use real tube rectifiers to get that signature
sag:  The tweed Bassman, the big amps from Harpgear, Meteor and Sonny Jr.,
and most others.  The reason for that is to retain a certain lovely
"tubiness."  The copper solid state rectifier did not sound as good as a
real tube rectifier in the Misssion Chicago 32-20 amp.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog