Re: [Harp-L] The Mission Chicago 32-20 harp amp

As I understand it, Bruce Collins was the original developer of the Copper
Cap solid state rectifier sold by Weber.  In your cite he is defending the
price of the Copper cap ("around $20.00") against the idea of hobbyist or
homebuilder developing the same circuit on his own.

Bruce is also the builder of the Mission Chicago harp amp, and during the
design phase several months ago he opted to use a tube recifier instead of
solid state becasue it sounds better.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog