Re: [Harp-L] How fast can a harmonica be played compared to other instruments?

My understanding of the intent of this topic was to consider the limitations
of the instrument. It would be interesting for example to measure how long
it takes a reed to begin vibrating and producing a note. Another test would
be the effect of an apposing reeds vibration on the start up time of a reed.
In other words if the blow reed is vibrating right before the draw reed is
initiated, is the startup time slower, faster or the same. I am sure that
such limitations are so far from the speed a person can move and breath that
they have imperceptible effect on even the fastest players. But still
interesting.

The question of who is the fastest player and how does one measure such a
thing only leads to posts that insult those players that so many seem to
enjoy insulting.

Derwood