[Harp-L] Blues pros?

   I think a more interesting question would be:  Who on these lists of top
blues pros has never performed at a SPAH convention?  Or:  Why do some guys
get paid to show up 2,3,....6 times and other guys never appear on a SPAH
stage?
   Personally, I've been waiting since '91 to see James Cotton, Rod Piazza,
or Magic Dick work a SPAH.  And there are a slew of regional players who are
top notch and could use some exposure.  Guys like Johnny Sansone from New
Orleans, Billy Gibson from Memphis, Gary Smith from San Francisco, etc.
Just from Chicago you've got Billy Branch, Matt Skoller, Ron Sorin, Billy
Boy Arnold, and Dave Waldman.  I'm sure everybody else could name worthy
candidates, too.  Phil Wiggins?
   Just something that has puzzled me.  And since we just finished a
convention, I thought I'd mention it.

Mick Zaklan