Re: [Harp-L] comb test

Let me clarify again.

Part of what I'm saying is that it is NOT "reasonable" to "assume the
opposite as a practical matter" as that is just believing what you want to
regardless of the science of it.  The science doesn't say that.  It will not
say that.  You may believe whatever you like and I'm not trying to change
that at all, but don't point at a test like this and act as if it tells you
something it simply cannot.  Your key operable word is "assume"
which is really another way of saying this is what I think.  At NO point
does any scientific testing failing to prove a hypothesis prove the null or
what "isn't". Using words like reasonable and assume are
not consistent with the scientific method.  That more in the artistic realm
of belief, not science.

Believe what you will, but if you do  this test 100 times at NO point
will the null be proven -- ever.

I don't care if there is a difference or not.  But I do care about
proper utilization of the scientific method and results reporting.
It's part of what I've spent decades doing.