Re: [Harp-L] Re: The Thrill Is Gone

Robert Loomis wrote:
<Our trio tried this one last night, and I tried playing harp, but felt that
<another key or type of harp might work better. We're doing it in Gm. Any
<suggestions as to harp/key to use? Looked in the archives via song title but
<didn't find much. Many TIA.

One reply to this recommended 5th position (for Gm, a Bb harp), which is good advice.  My recommendation would be to buy a Lee Oskar Natural Minor harp in the key of G.  This will give you G minor in second position, and it will give you ALL the chords for the piece, with lots of options for how you voice the chords over a 3-octave range.

It's a good opportunity to learn the NM tuning on a piece that's really made for it.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick