[Harp-L] Fwd: The Thrill Is Gone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "John F. Potts" <hvyj@xxxxxxx>
Date: August 26, 2010 1:12:43 PM GMT-04:00
To: ukulelebob39@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: The Thrill Is Gone

Bob,

I've played this tune quite a bit. The original version is in Bm and I always use a G harp in 5th position. Works fine. If the band is in Gm i would use an Eb harp in 5th position.

There's a live version by BB King at the Apollo (NOT the famous "Live at the Apollo" but a newer live CD recorded at the Apollo--I forget the exact title). Anyway, that version has a very cool repetitive horn riff that is very playable on harp in 5th position.

Best regards,

JP