[Harp-L] Problem with a Super Chromonica

Hi all,

I've got a Hohner Super Chromonica that I inherited from my father; it still
plays nicely, with one exception: all of the notes on the 7 hole bleed...on
7 blow I can hear the sharp note bleeding in; all of them behave the same.

I've inspected the harmonica closely, and I note that the comb is split all
the way from the front to the back. It almost looks as though it was
manufactured that way, though I suppose it's certainly possible that it just
cracked at some point over the years (I know for a fact my dad didn't take
any care of it at all). If I had to guess, I'd think the latter is more
likely but I thought I would check - has anyone ever encountered a comb that
was actually in two parts assembled together?

Sometimes the harmonica plays better than others; I speculate that it's the
wood expanding and contracting. Right now it sounds awful on the 7's, and
when I look through the holes I can actually see light through the comb.

Any advice?

Sean