Re: [Harp-L] Greg Heumann's Ultimate 57 (was :SPAH Electric Jam Mic )

Hi Brad...and all others.

here's my answer to this question. I wrote this to another member of Harp-L....

copy:
Hi M...

I get a better control over the sound with the AFB+.

For this gig I turned the middle knob all the way up which I normally never will do. It gives me a lot of extra distortion and that's what I wanted for this gig..a rock/blues sound.
My standard settings are ( on the AFB+) from left to right:
1knob: all the way down because my Electro Voice RE10 + impedance transformer has a very high output.
2nd knob: also all the way down because normally I don't need distortion
3rd knob: around 13.00 hr setting ( to 14.00)..this gives me a feeling like using a volume pedal. Dennis Gruenling told me he does the same ,when I asked him.

Using the middle knob for distortion is something I've seen from Jason Ricci during his gigs in Holland.
the other effects are:
Maxon Autowah( didn't use that one)
Boss RT20 ( rotary/chorus/hammond imitation + swell pedal)
Timeline tube delay with several options like tapfunction, 20 s loop etc
POG Electro Harmonix ( octave shifter: 1 octave down or up or mixed)

Ben Bouman
www.customharmonicashop.nl
www.harmonicainstituut.nl
www.marble-amps.com

Op 24 aug 2010, om 19:46 heeft Brad Allen het volgende geschreven: