[Harp-L] SPAH 2010 and Seydel Half-Valved Diatonics

What a great convention! My highlights had to be Clint Hoover with the band
³Eastside,² Bart Leczycki, a  really great new player from Poland, and Tiago
from the Bends harmonica company who played rack mounted harmonica and
guitar. The hallway jams with Chris Bauer, Phil Caltabellotta, Bob Herndon,
and Jelly Roll Johnson. Not to mention having Greg Heumann next door to me
at the Seydel booth....we had some nice jams with folks like Rob Paparozzi,
Jimi Lee, Rupert Oylser and Alec Paclin joining in. And of course just
hanging with Tom Albanese and Rosco. Finally, hearing Howard Levy is really
special, because whether or not you like his playing, it is truly fortunate
to witness what audiences must have seen when Paganini
performed...unbelievable!

For those of you who did not get there, I also introduced the Seydel
half-valved diatonic that is fitted with the same valve material I use in my
Seydel instruments. For those of you who tried half-valved harmonicas in the
past and were turned off by the buzzing rattling and sticking of plastic
valves, this new valve solves those problems.  Visit
http://www.ptgazell.com/  for a downloadable PDF of the three octave note
layout, some tips and a tabbed version of ³Take Me Out To The Ball Game,²
which utilizes blow bends 5 & 6. Contact me offline for more info on these
diatonics from Seydel.

Make your plans now for SPAH 2011 in Virginia Beach.
--
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.ptgazell.com
http://cdbaby.com/all/gazell