Re: [Harp-L] The POWERBENDER: an all-new 10 Hole Harp

Brendan did not say what the tuning was in his video, so this is a pure guess,
but I think it may be something like this:

BLOW  C  E  G  C  E  G  C  E  G  C
HOLE   1   2  3   4  5   6   7  8   9 10
DRAW  D  G  B  D  G  B  D  G  B  D

I'm thinking that basically, it is the first octave of a Richter harp repeated
over the entire harp.

Makes sense to call it a Power Bender... (Nice word play from Brendan Power),
since you can bend on every hole. I suspect also that it may be trickier than
you might imagine to play this harp well (as Brendan does so dramatically well
in his video), unless you are VERY good at controlling, isolating and hitting
all the draw bends perfectly (especially on the 3, 6 and 9 wholes).

The getting good on the 3-draw is the nemesis of many an intermediate harp
player, and now the fun is repeated on two other holes.

It's a GREAT idea, however, and I'm no doubt going to pick one up (along with
one of Brendan's instructional books), just as soon as I can.

Harping in Colorado,
--Ken M. TeraBlu Band on My Space
http://www.myspace.com/terablu