Re: [Harp-L] Re: harmonica practice mute

Totally different subject....
but yet the same

I've always found that:

• a walk along a beach....with waves
• walking along a railroad track when a train goes by
• playing next to a raging river..waterfalll etc...

facing these noisy situations and playing into the void...noise...
with no one else around..
was a great way to build your tone.

A great gospel singer once told me to quit practicing in my vehicle against the windshield as the
experience will prevent you from projecting properly to the back of the room and using your diaphragm to support the notes.

Could be a good deadening device would allow you to develop tone and projection without the self conscious feelings...
Good luck

Grant