Re: [Harp-L] As of last night, I am now a Suzuki dealer.

Don't waste your time -- Hohner is dead!

They're completely out of touch with their customer base, and they're mid-priced product line sucks.  I don't know who's bright idea it was to make the reed plates stick out of the front on the Pro-50 series like that, or why they did it, but it obviously wasn't anyone who enjoys playing harmonica, or maybe its just some sadistical f_ck with a grudge against guys with mustaches??? -- I dunno -- but this design just behooves me!  What the hell were they thinking????

Anyway, I'm an engineer who can't keep his mouth shut when he sees something he doesn't like, and was a loyal customer up until recently, so I tried talking to Hohner, and emailed back and forth with them a couple of times about the reed plates sticking out, and they're response was to basically tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about, a great deal of research went into that design, they were great harmonicas for the price, and they were getting rave reviews on them.  That's funny, because I haven't met one player yet that likes them, and most dropped Hohner for other brands when they doubled thier prices.  I tried to warn them.  I tried to tell them the reed plate design was bad, and the special-20 design was much better, but they obviously know their product line and customer base better than I do.

All that said, I think changing over to a Suzuki dealer was a wise choice -- best wishes!

Pat Powers