[Harp-L] RE: Harp-L Digest, Vol 84, Issue 2-RE:Gindick Jam Camp

This spring I had the pleasure of visiting the Jam Camp for a couple hours
while a harp friend from the UK I was driving around the country, Lee
Sankey, was paying a visit to Adam Gussow and the Camp. I got a chance to
see how the camp was operated and to visit with some of the folks in
attendance. What a great experience from the networking, new friends,
instruction and the Hopson setting, which is like going back in time.
Although I live 90 miles to the East of Clarksdale in Tupelo, MS, I had
never been to the Hopson Plantation-that itself is worth the trip. I am not
a player, but my son has been playing for 20 years.  Even with his level of
playing and experience, he would enjoy the camp, both learning and as a
contributor.  I do know Brian Purdy and have found him to be very helpful
and knowledgeable.  That is my disclaimer for this unsolicited post, but it
seemed to be a very worthwhile and enjoyable experience for all the
participants that I talked with during my visit.  FYI-no connection-just
sharing my observation.  Feel free to contact me for validation of my
opinion if you wish.
Ron Smith