Re: [Harp-L] Jon Gindick

I was 12 years old when I got "Country and Blues Harmonica for the Musically Hopeless" on Klutz Press.  The basic techniques and Jon's philosophies (The River of G) still shape my musical outlook.  I had studied trumpet in elementary school, but music never clicked.  Jon made music make "sense" to me.

In 2008 I called Jon to ask if I could help out at his San Diego Jam Camp.  I don't really get out enough to have a big "name" in the harp world, but thanks to youtube Jon invited me to help instruct.

It was a life-highlight for me to meet and earn the respect of the guy who got me started. He really is a genuine person, with a genuine calling in this world.

When people ask me about instructional materials, I always suggest his "Rock and Blues Harp", as well as Dave Barrett's "Building Harmonica Technique"

Dan G.
12gagedan on youtube