RE: Re: [Harp-L] "Mojo" on an instrument

In "Mojo Red's" defense, I think I probably should define some terms.  There
are a lot of players who have what is popularly known as "Mojo," a
combination of talent, skill, personality and force of will that allows them
to project their emotion through their music and into a crowd.  I can name
dozens of harp players who have that.  And, it is a rare gift.

But occasionally, you run across a player who has something else.  They may
carry a "mojo bag" or a "gris gris" or whatever on their person or in their
bag.  That's what I was talking about along with those rare occasions when
somebody picks up a used instrument and feels the power or presence of the
previous owners as he plays it.  That's not just stagecraft and that is what
I was asking about.  I'm asking because I am planning a writing project
concerning the spiritual influences on the blues and blues musicians one of
these days when I have the time to write again.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK