Re: [Harp-L] "Mojo" on an instrument

I have to say, that for me, the harmonica is my mojo. My totem. My power tool through life.
The Awakener of my muse. My good luck charm. My best foot forward. My lever in life.
I played it to resist the draft in 1970, and now its 40 years later and
I play it to resist getting old and not have any fun. Thank you, Herr Richter!

Jon

PS
Chuck K. who played slide on my song "Ghostdance" had a "coke vial" of dirt from the Delta Crossroads that he wore around his neck
for 25 years and it was, in his words, his "mojo."

In the 1994 earthquake here in LA the vial was destroyed and he
"lost his mojo."

In 2010 When he found out I was traveling to Clarksdale for a Jam Camp,
he asked Ralph and I to get a vial of dirt from the crossroads, and to make a video of it, so he'd know we weren't
bullshitting him. So we did--make the video--and give him the vial of dirt. He reported instantaneous results as
he played that very evening with the vial around his neck, and his mojo was back.

Only later did I realized that the dirt we got from the planted trafic circle in the center of the crossroads was probably
fill dirt from some local nursury. Please don't tell Chuck, he feels so good.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Kumpe" <bkumpe@xxxxxxx>