Re: [Harp-L] Regarding the Upcoming Comb Test at SPAH

I agree with you Johh, I honestly can't tell a difference IN TERMS OF THE
SOUND ALONE, either. To me, our plastic combs sound the same as our wood
combs, but I *FEEL* a difference. For lack of a better word, I FEEL the
resonations of the wood.

You brought up taste. When playing our wood combed harps, we swear we taste
Maple (as in Maple syrup - only without the syrup).  The wood is said to be
sealed Pear wood. Can't figure out why we're tasting Maple.... And that
taste stays in the mouth for several hours afterwords. It's not an
unpleasant taste... Just - well - unexpected and different. :-)

Thank you for your reply, John. Very much appreciated!

Deb