Re: [Harp-L] Regarding the Upcoming Comb Test at SPAH

Back in 1997, Vern Smith conducted a comb test at SPAH....
I WAS the harp player.
Honestly, I could not tell the difference in the sound of the music, as I
was playing, between wood, metal, or even expanded polyurethane....EXCEPT by
the  taste, and the feel of the harmonica...
Vern convinced me!
I don't think the material the comb is made from matters IN TERMS OF THE
SOUND THE AUDIENCE HEARS..
On the other hand, I prefer to play harmonicas with metal combs. WHY?
Because they don't crack! And they simply feel more substantial as you play
them.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City
Philippines

In a message dated 13/08/2010 00:22:33 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,