[Harp-L] Regarding the Upcoming Comb Test at SPAH

I am very interested in the results of the upcoming Comb test to be
conducted during this year's SPAH convention.  Of particular interest is
whether the *players* can physically tell the difference between a wood
comb, a plastic, and an aluminum/metal comb. By "physically" I mean whether
or not they can differentiate *by feel of mouth and lips alone* between a
wood comb, plastic comb, or aluminum comb of the exact same shape,
temperature, and setup.

My husband and I both believe we feel a definite difference between wooden
combed harps and plastic combed harps. Its as if the resonating of the wood
is felt, more so than heard. Wondered if this could be the vibrations of the
reeds, but we don't feel it when playing the plastic combed harps, and
thought if it were the reeds, that would still be felt.

Input?

Anyway, eagerly awaiting the results of the harp test.

Deb

P.S. Will an oscilloscope  be used to show differences and similarities
between wave forms of  sounds produced?