[Harp-L] Altering reed slots

Re the need to shorten a reed slot, Vern wrote:
- Install the short reed in the too-long slot with no gap.
- Cut about .050" of the slug off of the tip of a long reed.
- Stick it and a .001" plastic shim in the slot and against the tip of the reed
with tiny dabs of wax on each side.
- Glue it in place with epoxy or soda-filled super glue.
- File flush with the surfaces of the plate.
 What with the existence of many different lengths of reeds from the various manufacturers, I think this thread IS indeed relevant on harp L.     Iirc, a couple of years ago Dave Payne proposed what he said was a simple way to shorten a slot.  Tho i didn't understand his instructions I didn't ask for clarification.  Now I am having trouble understanding Joe's suggestion re using a brass screw.
  I like the idea of lengthening the reed to fit the slot but wonder if this method would be viable due to the flexibility of the new reed being so drastically altered; also, how drastically would the new reed need to be re-tuned?
 What is "soda-filled super glue" - a mixture of super glue and baking soda, to thicken the glue so it won't run?
Ron