Re: [Harp-L] Norwegian Wood

Boris says:
<<
It's easy to play Norwegian Wood with diatonic in 2nd position. Part A  in
myxolidian mode, Part B in Dorian mode (3 draw bend instead of 3  draw)
--Boris

I do not agree... It Is NOT EASY to play "Norwegian Wood" accurately, in
2nd position, (IF YOU WANT TO HIT ALL OF THE NOTES)  particularly if  you
want to achieve this, both in the bass AND the treble register of  a 10 hole
diatonic harmonica.

Every note IS quite achievable though, with deep bends and one overblow.
But it's not easy!

It's perfectly playable, however it is hard to get the deep bends  EXACTLY
right.
And if you want to play the second part of the tune on the treble section
of the harp, an overblow on hole 7 is essential...

I think that "JP"  is perfectly correct, it is a great  practice piece, and
I intend to add it to my personal, short harp,  repertoire!

It is HARD to play well, but it is "do-able"...

I love that tune...

Of course, on a chromatic harmonica, it is REALLY EASY to play!
(In any key!)

Sincerely,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City