From: Tom Ball <havaball@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bassharp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, Aug 6, 2010 6:19 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Danny's Gig list (was Jason Ricci status)

Please allow me to chime in on this as well:

In addition to playing the meanest bass harp on the planet, our pal Danny Wilson has been faithfully updating and churning out the Gig List for years and years. I'm sure this takes far more work than we realize -- I can only imagine all the formatting and re-formatting, back-and-forth Emails, frustration and drudge-time that must be involved.  Every so often it becomes time to recognize all that work and devotion.

Danny is far-too-humble a soul to ever draw attention to this himself (or even mention it,) but we all owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude. I would like to point out that although Danny requires no donation or compensation for his hard work, and no listing would ever be rejected for lack of such, there is indeed a Tip Jar link at the Gig List site: http://www.bassharp.com/bh_itin.htm  I only wish that I could donate more often, but then... after all... I'm a "professional" <cough> harmonica player.  I dare say Danny could have come out smelling a bit rosier if he was exclusively gig-listing rock stars, but that's another issue altogether.  (Know how to become a millionaire playing harmonica? Start with two million.)

Again, many thanks, Danny! Let's all remember him with our words if not with our wallets.

cheers,
Tom Ball