[Harp-L] Harrison Harmonicas full production release

I just now realized that this press release kind of takes the thunder out
the planned announcement
of my new position with HH. I am in Michael Peloquin's old job. I just
started it a few days ago - this has been a great, crazy week!
Michael is moving on to this ultra cool position that is so awesome, it
won't be announced for a few more weeks.

Here's the release:

Harrison Harmonicas to enter full production mode
Handmade processes will continue

For more information, contact:
Contact David Payne, director of media and client relations (
b-radical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

August 5, 2010

ROCKFORD, Illinois - Founder Bradley Harrison announced today that Harrison
Harmonicas, the sole harmonica manufacturer in
 the United States, will be entering its planned full-scale production mode
at its Rockford factory in the upcoming weeks.
Harrison's first offering, the B-radical, hailed as a benchmark of
technological advancement and design, began production in
February.
"We knew right away from the incredible response to our pre-order sale that
a full-production scenario was crucial to meet demand,"
 Harrison said," However, at the same time, we were unwilling to rush
production if it meant sacrificing quality. We have and always
will remain steadfast in our vow that no harmonica leaves our facility
unless it is absolutely perfect."
Harrison said the full production mode isn't the introduction of automated
processes, but people. While production has been slow in
the meantime, the company has spent months assembling and training the
perfect team.
"We appreciate our clients so much. They have been so patient with us," he
said. "Once everything is in place, we will be producing
 harmonicas like never before, but the quality will be unchanged.
"We've spent a lot of time selecting the best people possible. We want to
provide not just jobs, but careers. We're a family here at
Harrison Harmonicas. We aren't training people to be assembly-line workers,
at least in the traditional sense, but masters of the
Harrison method. For each B-radical, we spend more on labor than the actual
retail cost of most harmonicas. That's not going to
 change," he said.
Harrison Harmonicas melds 21st Century technologies with the same Harrison
method's techniques that made the founder's custom
 harmonicas world renowned.
Among Harrison Harmonicas' many advanced technologies it uses to craft each
instrument, is a process for lengthwise milling
reeds - the first advancement in how harmonica reeds, strips of metal that
vibrate to give the harmonica its sound, since 1878. The traditional method
of horizontal milling weakens reeds and shortens reed life.
"We are incredibly proud of how we make our reeds, which are the heart, body
and soul of the harmonica," said David Payne,
director of media and client relations. "We aren't the first to think of
lengthwise milling. Harmonica makers have been trying to do this since at
least the 1930s. We thought outside of the box and were able to create our
own 21st-Century technologies to pull it
off."
Located in Rockford, Illinois, Harrison Harmonicas is the United States'
only harmonica manufacturer and was named by Businessweek Magazine as one of
America's Most Promising Startups.

--
Warmly,
David

David Payne
Client Relations
Harrison Harmonicas, Inc The Only Harmonica Made In The USA
facebook.com/harrisonharmonicas
usaharmonicas.com