Re: [Harp-L] Heart of Gold Neil Young

Hi Grant

>I am sure someone will throw out something about Neil's playing now...but
>it seems to have done him just fine....

As has his voice …

I remember years ago hearing Neil sing something un-Neil Young like in
a very un-Neil Young like voice ... could have been on TV … I remember
thinking at the time that he could really sing and it occurred to me
that he alters his singing voice intentionally … likely for effect and
based on historical response from his audience …

No question that a key to being successful is to be distinctive and
recognizable …

I suspect that given his diverse musical experience and ability, he
can play just about whatever he sets his mind to … and has displayed a
propensity to explore various musical genres over his career …

BTW, his dad was a very well know Canadian sports columnist and author
… he also wrote a series of hockey related fiction books for kids …