Re: [Harp-L] Elderly Instruments sale, Which Chromo?

This sounds good to me!
Gary
------Original Message------
From: MundHarp@xxxxxxx
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: jdcrutch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Harp-l
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Elderly Instruments sale, Which Chromo?
Sent: Aug 3, 2010 7:52 PM

Crutch asks:

<< a first chromo for a competent
diatonic player?>>

I suggest that you get a  Hohner CX-12

They are good harmonicas, and are available in a wide range of keys. But
what key to get?
Well, "C" is the usual choice for a chrom... But MY first chromatic was in
"G", which works well for 3rd position blues in "A".. Not that I knew
anything  about playing blues back then. (I was 8 years old at the time)

If I had just ONE harmonica, I think I'd chose a chromatic in "G".

All the best,

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City,
Philippines.