Da: ginoharmonica@xxxxxxxxx
Data: 02.08.2010 19.29
A: "Dan Johnson"<groove@xxxxxxxxx>, <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Oggetto: Re: [Harp-L] Best Tube layout for Bassman

From: Dan Johnson <groove@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, August 1, 2010 7:23:43 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Best Tube layout for Bassman

Hello - I'm new to the Harp-L list...

Can anyone give advice for the best tube set-up for my Bassman..?
It's a '59 reissue (Mnfcr'd 11-95).
I use a small condensor mic that I cup inside my hand.

My current tube layout is
(from the left)

solid state rectifier
5881
5881
12AX7 (I think - numbers are kinda worn off)
12AX7
12AX7 <:Change this one to AU7:> or maybe AT7
It will allow you to to use more of your amp
by less gain, so you can turn it on more. The
feed back threshold will be more like 7-8
instaed of 3-5 on the volume. It will allow
you to play a lttle louder if you need to.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Dan