[Harp-L] Little Wallter's "My Babe" and Blues Harmonica Jam Camp in Clarksdale, Mississippi

Congratulations on the Blues Harmonica Jam Camp in Clarksdale, Mississippi. I
was at the 1998 Sonny Boy HarpFest Teach-In in Glendora MS on Sonny Boy's home
town and birthday as an observer and am pleased to see that it may have started
something. Were any of this year's teachers in Glendora?

The "My Babe" footage is from the 1967 American Folk Blues Festival opening of
the video.
It's available on Legends of The American Folk Blues Festivals Vol. 3
www.tropical-music.com

You can find it on www.amazon.com but watch to see it is in PAL, not NTSC
Its about $41 but it is in color and its 183 minutes from the 1967, 1868 and
1969 AFBF
Little Walter in featured on 3 tunes, behind Koko Taylor on 4 tunes and behind
Hound Dog Taylor on one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtnJM8iUy38 ;
Little Watler and Hound Dog Taylor
(Check out to see if you can see Hounddog's right hand which has SIX fingers -
one unusable I have heard.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUwfrj9aMNA
 Little Walter's induction in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame

For those visiting Sonny Boy (Rice Miller) Williamson's grave, the Whitfield
Baptist Church next to it has burned down years ago. Sonny Boy's funeral was
held there because, according ot CarrieWlkins (Joe Willie Wilkins widow). She
claimed that Sonny Boy's sisters told her on that trip that Sonny Boy had
preached there.

She was very candid when we interviewed her in 1997 but much of which she told
us turned out to be confirmed by others.

What bothered me was that, while I paid for most of Sonny Boy's sisters'
funerals (through a donation to the Sonny Boy Blues Society), when I first
visited them, they were in a barely-marked grave together which had a mound of
freshly-turned earth on it. When I showed up to see the new grave markets the
grave I had seen before was still there as was the trash dump behind their grave
markets which showed no signs of freshly-turned earth.

What does that tell you about their one last indignity?

My Best Wishes to all at the SPAH Convention. I don't play or sing but attended
it to do a history workshop about a decade ago and loved all for harp-filled
days! It was a hoot! Of course, I got to see some of Sam Lay's films and meet
many of my harp heroes (Curtis Salgado, Rick Estrin, Sunny Girl, Paul Siegel,
and Toots Theilman, and many more.)

'fessor Mojo

William E. Donoghue
218 C Foss Creek Circle
Healdsburg CA 95448
707-395-0147 home
206-954-4762 cell

Contributing Columnist
Editor, The Proactive Fund Investor
with Bill Donoghue
www.MarketWatch.com

Chairman
W. E. Donoghue & Co., Inc.<br/>Norwood MA 02062
1-800-642-4276
www.donoghue.com