[Harp-L] RE: Rambling about Mickey Raphael and Sonny Boy Williamson, Willie Nelson and Wille Nelson and Sonny Boy's Centennial

Hi Bill, nice to see you back on the L and best of luck with the SBWII project.

Hate to nitpick but in your post you mentioned:
It is known that he recorded with... <snip> ... possibly Pharoah Sanders (who was so impressed with Sonny Boy coming back stage and opening with his usual, "I'm Sonny Boy Williamson, I'm the original Sonny Boy Williamson and the only one." that Sanders wrote a tune dedicated to him.)

Believe that would be Archie Shepp, not Sanders. Tune is "The Original Mr. Sonny Boy Williamson," from Impulse Records 'On This Night.' See http://tinyurl.com/omsbw

Admittedly small point but just wanted to set the record straight... Anyhow wishing you all best,

Tom Ball (big fan of Shepp, Sanders AND Sonny Boy) <g>