Subject: [Harp-L] Rented Vehicles tips for lonesome Harmonica traveller..

You're very welcome, Billy. What I sent you initially was obtained via the
internet with Google searches.

Now it's up to someone from the list who lives IN Memphis or its  environs
to maybe do a little bit of research around Memphis  International airport
for you - perhaps do a quick scan through their local  Yellow Pages (an
adjunct to the phone book) - to find Budget Rent a Car, or  other Van Rentals to
pass on the info to you.

Unfortunately, if you attempt to rent bigger vehicles (such as SUV's or
minivans) through regular car rentals, the costs will be high, but there  just
might be something more local someone who lives there could find for you -
if they're willing to expend a little bit of effort. I've done on-line
searches  by typing in 'cheap van rentals in Memphis' and nothing is less than a
total of  considerably over $1,000 for the length of time you're staying in
the States.  The thing is, all the cars (even vans) are automatics through
even the low-cost  car rental agencies and most of the vans fall into the
mini-vans category.

It might work otherwise in Australia and you might be thinking of
something altogether different, but unless you really need that kind of space  might
be better off with an economical and small compact car (they're the least
expensive to rent and will give you the best gas mileage for your travels
here - keeping a tank filled isn't inexpensive either).

Good luck to you. Hope your trip is fruitful and you have a really good
experience here in the States and with Adam. He's one of the good guys.

Elizabeth
PS: I'd only suggest giving the exact dates when you're arriving and then
continuing on so people will know if they'll be free for whatever times
you'll  be here.

PPS: I'm not sure if the same rules apply for overseas visitors,  but one
does NOT have to buy the 'extra' insurance for a rental vehicle if  you have
adequate car insurance on your own vehicle here.

"Message: 13