Re: [Harp-L] Bass harmonica - chromatic

RH wrote:
>>You can get the sound you're looking for with a decent pitch shifter. If
you
>>use one of the Digitech RP models, you can just turn off everything in the
FX
>>device except the pitch shifter

Thanks for the suggestion, Richard.  I had tried that, and I just didn't go
for the sound - it seemed "dirty" to me.  I thought at the time this was
caused by shifting the pitch, but it could have been my amplification setup
- I don't have a proper bass amp, but I do have a keyboard amp with '3-way
bass reflex cabinet powered by a custom-made 15" woofer, 5" midrange speaker
and tweeter'.  It would be interesting to record some bass lines played on a
64 chromatic with the pitch shifter plugged directly into a computer sound
card - more accurate than the amp I have.  I'll try it out and maybe post
some samples.

Of course, having the reliance on a effects unit precludes playing this way
acoustically, as in an acoustic session - but that doesn't stop electric
guitarists and bass players from playing those instruments in general.

Eugene