Re: [Harp-L] songs in a particular key I can play along

> Any "jam track" or "play along" that you have - open it with (AUDACITY) ...

Even easier for practicing is to use Best Practice freeware ... I
learned about it here on a geoff atkins post a year or so ago ...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/bp/

You don't have to convert but rather drag and drop an mp3 file then
alter the pitch using sliders so there is immediate response without
waiting for a conversion ... pitch changes occur in real time ...

For pitch changes, there are two sliders ... one for semitone changes
and one for cents changes ...

Also the speed can be adjusted faster or slower using a separate slider ...

The track automatically repeats and a portion of the track can be
selected to repeat ...

A pitch/ speed altered track can be exported in wav format too ...

I use Audacity when recording an accompaniement to a track by
importing the track, changing the pitch if necessary, then recording
my part and adding effects, etc so am very familiar with it ...

But I find Best Practice much easier for practice AND for figuring out
how much pitch correction is required before importing into Audacity

You can change practice material to fit your favourite harmonica and
you can try different postions / harmonica keys easily with Best
Practice ... I usually have a Circle of Fifths jpeg open on my
computer as well ... this is the one I use ... right click and select
"Save Image As..."

http://xenophilius.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/circle_of_fifths_and_color_wheel.jpg