If they'll fit, even if just held in place with finger pressure, try putting the Crossover covers on a Golden melody and see if it changes the sound.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa

Resident expert at bluesharmonica.com

Harmonica instructor, jazzschool.com

Columnist, harmonicasessions.com

--- On Sun, 4/25/10, Walter Scanlon <scanlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Walter Scanlon <scanlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Crossover vs Golden Melody
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 7:22 PM

I decided to invest in a Hohner Crossover and discovered that its quality,
timbre and air-tightness are remarkable. (Its comb is bamboo.) But I prefer
the architecture of the Golden Melody or Seydel Blues Special. Can anyone
recommend a harp that plays like the Crossover (for about the same
price--$60) but with the shape of a Golden Melody or Seydel Blues Special?
(Most of my harps are currently Golden Melodies). Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Wally