Re: [Harp-L] Genius? LOL

To me Howard doesn't just take the harmonica into places it's not been to before, he takes music there too, that's where the genius it comes in. He's a monster musician, just like Bela Fleck and Victor Wooten and Glen Velez and Eugene Freisen are monsters on their own instruments and it's the ensemble sound created by the combination of those unique and special talents is what matters. It's not just harmonica played like nobody ever imagined it could be, it's the instrumentation as a whole and the compositions and the arrangements and ultimately the definition of that infinitely indefinable and perenially evolving thing - jazz.

You need to seperate that out from the - this is what you can do on the harmonica side of Howard - that's the scientist demonstrating his research findings and personally I'm very glad he does