[Harp-L] Re: Seydel Easy Third

This tuning was to the best of my knowledge invented about 20 years ago by Dale King, an American harmonica player, singer and guitarist who has lived in Germany for many years. Dale gave me a 10-hole version when we met in 1992 on the occasion that he introduced me to Chris Jones, who some list members will remember and with whom I subsequently worked until his death. I played this exact harp on our version of St James Infirmary, to be heard on our first CD together, "Slow Roll" (1995) and still use the tuning regulary. I always called it the Dale King tuning and Dale himself calls the the Do It tuning. Of course it's also great for 2 chord reggae things, nice work Paul,

Steve Baker
www.stevebaker.de
www.bluesculture.com