De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la part
de J D Hoskins
Envoyé : samedi 24 avril 2010 18:47
À : MundHarp@xxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc : groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [Harp-L] Genius? LOL

I apologize, I see that the internet sources define "genius" with a much
broader scope than my old hardback webster.

I still maintain that technical mastery of the instrument does not garantee
enjoyable listening. I just haven't run into anyone outside of the "harp
nerd" circle that enjoy listening to most of todays modern harp geniuses.
Jason Ricci excluded, which I think has as much to do with his charisma and
energy as his technical skills.

A few years ago when they were doing the shred guitar tours with say
Satriani, Vai, and Eric Johnson, one guitar magazine reveiwer pointed out
that the audience was 90% young male guitar players, that there was no
"popular" appeal for this music.

Just one point of veiw, for what it's worth.

Still working on processing the new definition of "MOJO",  JD