Re: [Harp-L] Genius? LOL

If we are speaking a literal genius? My understanding of genius is a particular high score on an IQ test. Many people who are genius lead very unproductive lives and make one bad choice after another. Hard work and attaining goals has much less to do with inteligence than discipline. Chris may or may not be a genius, I have no interest in whether he is or not. I do think that if you equate genius with success you haven't been paying much attention to what goes on around you. Many people of limited intelligence are very successful through simple old hard work and determination. Many who are genius and pampered or tortured lead lives of a degenerate. I don't believe genius means anything really. Some that rate high on an IQ test have no common sense. (have an ex-wife like that)

Many work hard at attaining a level of musicianship that is impressive as a level of musicianship, but still never play anything most would want to hear. On the other hand some poor fool with natural musical taste might learn to play a little and entertain the masses to great success. And quite likely neither are genius in the literal definition.

Too bad we didn't all have gigs tonight, JD