[Harp-L] Brodur Harmonicas

FYI, I saw on Sebastien Charlierâs Facebook that he plans to create a custom harp with the exceptional Brodur brand.

The final harp would be set up by Sebastien himself, like the ones he plays daily with.

As far as I could understand these harps should be available quite soon:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=12109123 <http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=12109123&id=378995780552> &id=378995780552

Do you know Brodur brand? It is very well known in France, but I am not sure it is the case in the rest of the world.

Raymond Brodur has created a whole line of unique harmonicas made of exotic woods and many extraordinary kinds of materials (on the basis of Honher reeds).

These harps are quite expensive: between 250 and 300 â. But I can tell you each person I know who has bought one canât wait to buy another one.

They are so beautiful and great to be played that many of French harp amateurs have several of them (one of my friends has 7 Brodur !).

I havenât any yet, but Iâve played on one once, and I canât wait to offer myself one of these jewels!

Never heard such a sound, never had such a homogeneous instrument in my hands, never had such a comfortable and unique experience, especially to get overnotes and play them like any other note in the middle of complex licks.

If some of you know these harps, please feel free to complete my comment!

If you want to know more about Brodurâs harps :

http://www.brodur.com/uk/

Iâve decided to buy one in the next few weeks (or months depending on few details â:-)), not sure which model yet, so Iâll tell you more when I receive it.

Best regards,

Jerome