[Harp-L] the bottom line on Kenny G, to me

While I don't disagree with the bulk of the comments made by my friend Rob P and others, here's what is, to me, the crux of the issue: Kenny G added his own playing to a classic recording by perhaps the greatest musician of the 20th century... a legend who, crucially, was no longer around to approve or disapprove.  To me, that's just an overwhelmingly appalling act that overshadows pretty much anything else the guy might do, good or bad.  (I don't know if Armstrong's estate or representatives approved it or not, but to me, it makes no difference whatsoever.  It's just a mind-boggling act of disrespect.)

Just my dos pesitos.

Scott Albert Johnson
---

VOTED "Best Musician", 2010 "Best of Jackson" Awards, Jackson Free Press
MORE INFO: www.scottalbertjohnson.com