Re: [Harp-L] 5th Position

Richard,

I agree, Toots also seems to sound awful good in E Major on a C Chromatic.....he obviously prefers the flat keys but sometimes a writer has different ideas and the session player must be ready!,-)

My Toots example are:
The first solo section of Jaco's "Three Views of a Secret" and also "Smoke Rings and Wine" on Ralph Macdonald's The Path LP

Best, Rob P

I suppose some people play E major on a C diatonic harp. I think there are easier ways to play in E major, most of which sound better too. I agree that E major isn't all that much fun on a C chromatic either, though Stevie Wonder seems to get along with it just fine on "Isn't she Lovely". I hate the way he raises the standards for everyone else.

Thanks< RH