Re: [Harp-L] 5th Position

No, I think 5th position is Phrygian minor (flat 2nd, flat 3rd, flat 6th, flat 7th--remember that flat 2nd in the second register), 4th is Aeolian, 3rd is Dorian.  On a country tuned harp, 5th would be Aeolian.

I suppose some people play E major on a C diatonic harp.  I think there are easier ways to play in E major, most of which sound better too.  I agree that E major isn't all that much fun on a C chromatic either, though Stevie Wonder seems to get along with it just fine on "Isn't she Lovely".  I hate the way he raises the standards for everyone else.

Thanks< RH