[Harp-L] ReRe: Equal Temperament Vol 80, Issue 11

--- On Mon, 4/5/10, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx <harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I need a starting place....is the the 'Crossover" ...'Just' ... It seems to be tuned the same way as a Marine Band from the 30's I got on eBay (with the black backround inside the card stock box.) Both harps have a strong vibe and loud ring...which i attribute to being in tune with themselves and working Vwell. I'm not sure what amplification has to do with it....as our first job as musicians is to listen and our second job is to hear. My play'n recently has been try'n to put out a short blues piece for the tube (being a perfectionist can be very boring....and can not last)...and play with a trio Keyboard/Cello/Harp with lottsa 64 Chromonica. Our volume is from whisper to, well not loud...i'm using a silvertome 1481 and a nice jt30. which i can get up to 3 ...  I have not been using Golden Melodys ( I'm wondering if it was the shape or the subtle tuning difference, guess i get to give it a closer inspection)...I'm starting to prefer big river...work
 well in the brace, and seems to be as good as any of the others out of the box and less $. On another subject i won on ebay, last nite, a CBH chrom..... anyway ...cool monday
                            Ben ' WBjr'  Ross