You could unscrew the mouthpiece and slide assembly and clean those. If the holes don't smell bad and you don't any cocoons in them, you may not want to bother trying to get at them. most harmful germs won't survive long on mom-moist surfaces that offer nothing to eat.

You could perhaps spritz some alcohol into the holes if you're in doubt. However, alcohol dries out surfaces and human tissues

Winslow Yerxa

Resident expert at bluesharmonica.com

Harmonica instructor, jazzschool.com

Columnist, harmonicasessions.com

--- On Sat, 4/3/10, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] chromonica
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, April 3, 2010, 10:25 PM

I bought a 10-hole chromatic off EBay last week. It says The "Chromonica" on the top cover plate.  It's in excellent condition, but I wanted to get some advice on how to clean and/or santize the inside before I play it. I don't know much about chromatic harps, but this one is in the key of G and I figured I can use it for some hymns and Christmas music, etc.   I have an old 12-hole Chromonica in the key of C that I can play just a little, so this should work out much the same, I hope.
  Do I dare just run it under the faucet like a diatonic? Or would this mess up windsavers?
Any advice would be helpful.  On the surface it looks like I got a decent bargain at $15.
Steve Webb in Minnesota