Re: [Harp-L] chromonica

Do not rinse it under the faucet for 3 reasons,

- That will not effectively clean or disinfect it.
- The moving water  can bend or dislodge a windsaver.
- If a windsaver comes loose, you will lose it down the drain.

Remove the covers and slide assembly and scrub the metal parts with detergent and hot water.  I use "Simple Green" and an old toothbrush.  Be careful to not bend the slide.  This will start you off with a nice clean slide with nothing on it that would make it stick.  Remember how to do this. You need to clean these metal parts whenever the slide starts sticking.

Dip the comb and reedplate assembly briefly in a dilute solution of chlorine bleach and water. Then gently shake off the excess and let dry. You probably won't have to do this again.

Glue back any loose windsavers.

Reassemble the harp and play without fear.  It will be as clean as a fork or glass in a restaurant.

If it is in tune and playable, you did get a bargain.

Vern