[Harp-L] FLAT!! But Maybe Not??

Per Bill:

Oh and i should have said as well - if a guitarist tries to tell you which
key harmonica to use just politely tell him where to stick his capo!

Confronted with that situation, i usually say, "I don't always play in second position, so please just give me the key of the song and I'll pick what harp I'm going to use." That usually takes care of the problem without offending anyone.

But a more difficult problem is when a musician calls out the key of the harp he thinks you should use without telling what he's doing and you think it's the key of the tune.

JP