Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica on new Chase Credit Card Commercial

Hi Brendan...If I can, I'll get my videocamera and try to record it right
off the television, unless someone else here has a better method of doing
so?

Last night, right after writing my post, I caught it THREE times in less
than 45 minutes! (now that's a lot in Advertising Agency terms).

.....I was watching A&E (Arts & Entertainment) ....repeats of  CSI-
Miami...Saturday Night from 9P.M. NY time (if that helps).

They're short spots - probably 30seconds (I didn't time it)...have to see
it again to verify.

But based on what you'd said, it definitely struck me that they'd got off
very light, and your new points were exactly my concern since I saw it
happen so  many times in the past.

Elizabeth

"Message: 6
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:45:05 +0100
From: "Brendan  Power" <bren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>

Elizabeth  wrote: "I don't know, Brendan...but merely getting paid a flat
fee
for one  session
doesn't seem to be quite sufficient if what you did was for a  commercial
which will be played constantly on American Television (or was  it
Radio...did
Randy say?)...."

Good point Elizabeth! If it was  the stuff I did (as seems
possible/probable), I shall certainly be asking  some questions... I was
told
it was a demo for an (unnamed) advertising  agency, and never heard if the
demo was accepted.

It highlights a  flaw in the increasingly popular remote recording session
environment:  because the musicians and producer/client are often on
different sides of the  world, there is little chance the session musicians
will hear the end result  of what they did. Which makes it harder to ensure
that the fee you receive  reflects the final use of your work. It's only
because Harp-L has made me  aware of this possible use of my playing that
I've heard about  it.

Anyone able to record an MP3 of the commercial? If it is me, I owe  y'all a
beer!

Brendan Power
WEBSITE:  http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE:  http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic