[Harp-L] Re: Harmonica on new Chase Credit Card Commercial

Elizabeth wrote: "I don't know, Brendan...but merely getting paid a flat fee
for one session
doesn't seem to be quite sufficient if what you did was for a commercial
which will be played constantly on American Television (or was it
Radio...did
Randy say?)...."

Good point Elizabeth! If it was the stuff I did (as seems
possible/probable), I shall certainly be asking some questions... I was told
it was a demo for an (unnamed) advertising agency, and never heard if the
demo was accepted.

It highlights a flaw in the increasingly popular remote recording session
environment: because the musicians and producer/client are often on
different sides of the world, there is little chance the session musicians
will hear the end result of what they did. Which makes it harder to ensure
that the fee you receive reflects the final use of your work. It's only
because Harp-L has made me aware of this possible use of my playing that
I've heard about it.

Anyone able to record an MP3 of the commercial? If it is me, I owe y'all a
beer!

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic