[Harp-L] (no subject)

On Sep 26, 2009, at 11:58 AM, Mick Zaklan wrote:

I hate to admit it, Chris, but I do have fond memories of that Big Boy
hamburger joint in Romulus with the wavy brick interior. I was almost
tempted to buy one of their t-shirts. It was kind of bizarre watching the
legendary Larry Adler dining in there, too! A guy who dated Ingrid Bergman
and hung out with George Gershwin grazing on fast food at the table next to
you. Ah, the good old days.

Mick Zaklan

The first night in, I went to their door at around 11:05 (right after the last show). They had already closed the doors (at 11:00). The woman (the one with the moustache, lolol) came to the door and enquired as to what was going on next door? Apparently several people had come to the door, checked it, and then walked away. I told her that we were there till Sat night and played till 11:00 each night but things usually went over time and sometimes we weren't done till after that. Then people (like myself) would be looking for a snack, coffee, pie, etc.

She changed the quit time and they stayed open for the duration well past midnight for the next 4 nights. At times we had tables of as many as 10. Stryker should remember that because he was at the one end with Ron Kalina and Bob McFarlane. I was at the other end with Jerry. We were all listening to Kalina's stories. Thems was the good old days. Maybe THATS what some people mean when they talk about those days.

smo-joe