[Harp-L] Gear gurus, what do you do in a situation like this?

As one of those whose knowledge of amps and microphones and pedals etc is almost at level zero (can I be the only one on Harp-l?) but nevertheless likes to blow a chorus now and then, this is not a totally uncommon situation:
  A few days ago I sat in at a local jam, everything very loose, indeed. I grabbed a vocal mic, heard the key, and managed to convey a desire to a guy standing in relative proximity to the PA board: "Please, if you can find my channel, go easy on the treble."
  He turned a knob and off we went. As it happened this turned out to be filmed ... and therefore, if you check out the link below, I´d like to know: what would you more gear savvy people do in a situation like this? Perhaps w/ a minute in advance preparation.

  The harp is reasonably all right in the bottom octave, but turns very sharp higher up, as well as looses in volume; I believe I don´t enter the alpine region on this particluar solo, but if I had, so much the worse. But it gets alarmngly thin already on holes 5, 6.
  I would like to find something akin to a standard procedure for this type of situation, like "Treble:2, bass 8!", "Wrap a condom round the mic!", "Never cup those omnidirectionals!" etc. This may be asking to much, I know.
  But any hints appreciated, thanks.

  (Please don´t pay any mind to the strictly musical input here: it´s downright embarrassing, particularly from yrs truly. (Harp is at the beginnig, then I shut up.) I´m at an impasse in my harmonica career, or rather moving from bad to worse, and this formulaic, un-swinging solo tells the tale. I´ll be back some other time with a more inspired performance. Perhaps even rehearsed!)

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=13wqWy5kM14&feature=player_embedded

Cheers,
Martin,in Sweden